Undergraduate Academic Affairs fosters student and faculty engagement to produce academic experiences and research opportunities, and to create academic communities that engage students in meaningful, active learning that promotes excellence.
Challenge students to engage in dynamic ideas, innovation, and diverse learning opportunities offered at a Research I university so that they reach their academic and professional potential, and become engaged citizens of a global community.
- Academic Support
- Commitment to Students
- Community and Campus Collaborations
Excellence - We believe programs, initiatives and experiences represent our students’ cultural, racial and economic diversity, and bring these perspectives to the forefront of the University’s intellectual enterprise
- We strive for excellence in programming that addresses student needs in a coherent and continuous manner.
Access - We believe students should experience a large research institution and have the ability to afford and complete a comprehensive Rutgers education.
- We are committed to providing each student, regardless of their background, access to a comprehensive Rutgers education.
Academic Support - As an academic research institution, we must connect faculty and staff to students to ensure exciting academic and professional experiences to maximize student potential and success after Rutgers.
- We are dedicated to ensuring students are given the resources and services they need to excel in the classroom and beyond.
Commitment to Students - As a Research 1 academic institution, students are the number one priority in our decision-making process, planning, and implementation of services across units and schools.
- We are committed to making students our priority in decision-making, planning and implementation of programs and services.
Campus and Community Collaborations - We seek to form partnerships throughout the Rutgers New Brunswick community, regionally, and nationally to provide resources and experiences for students.
- We foster collaborations with units across the university, state, and globe to ensure that students receive the academic and co-curricular opportunities needed to succeed during and after college.